1. Wide location range, color and texture: India offers blue and white water beaches, pristine Himalayas, with ice capped peaks and rugged rocky brown mountains with no vegetation, high rises and villages, big and small lakes, rivers, bridges of all types, world class highways and narrow lanes, busy streets and isolated spaces, world class airports, train stations, metro stations, Mono rails, Malls, Resorts, Hotels, theme parks, Science Centers, medieval and modern buildings with western, Indio sarcenic and Indian architecture, bazaars, trams, ports, bus stations, rivers, dams, houses, villas, farm houses, pent houses, lush green valleys, sanctuaries, tree houses, dense forests, unique ancient, medieval and modern architecture.
2. Vibrant lighting conditions throughout the year: From Kerala to Kashmir and Gujarat to Manipur, India offers warm, bright sunlight generally. Of course, it needs to be controlled most of the time. The lighting conditions are the best in India during October- March period
3. Lower costs and wide range of world class logistics: Right from high end hotels and resorts to limousines to food to location rents, everything required is much cheaper than any other country in the world.
4. Cheaper yet world class Professionals: India offers world class professionals’, actors, line producers, cinematographers, sound designers, and editors at prices 30% the cost of Hollywood professionals.
5. Availability of world class equipment: Whether you need a Panavision or an Arri Elexa XT or any other camera, everything is available, so you don’t need to carry much equipment. Apart from cameras, there is a spectrum of state-of-art equipment available.
6. Warm weather almost throughout the year: India is generally a warm country going by the western temperatures between the months of September – March and hot between April and June. July-August, most of north, west and eastern India are covered with warm rains.
7. World class VFX at India price: ‘Bahubali’ has once again proved that Indian VFX talent is world class. Budgets permitting Indians can deliver world class quality at India prices (read 50% lesser than Hollywood costs)
8. Wide range and quality of food throughout the country: Whichever global region you may come from, India offers quality food for you just like your home country. In addition if you plan to experiment and adventure, there is a large variety of Indian food, if you have a stomach for it.
9. Cooperative workforce that can work for extended hours: The technical crew in India is highly cooperative and used to working on extended hours without complaining or raising unreasonable demands. Right from the light boys onwards, all professionals are so passionate that no one leaves without completing the day’s schedule.
10. Hospitable environment: Generally, wherever the shooting takes place, people are accommodating and cooperative and most of the time extremely welcoming and hospitable, at time extending help, sometimes beyond their means and resources.